Detailed description of project
The main purpose of this contract is to strengthen the development of e-Governance initiatives through legal framework improvement and deployment of different e-Applications in Armenia, which will transform the way in which the Government interacts with citizens and businesses, as well as to change the way the Government agencies interact with each other. Specific purposes of the present project include:
- Establishment of e-penitentiary system – a complete electronic register of detained persons, including those on probation with relevant data will be established. The system will help penitentiary institutions to enhance management and appropriate location of detained persons.
- Modernization of Business register of Legal Entities and its integration with overall e- governance infrastructure of Armenia – the present business register enables only on- line registration of start-ups and does not provide a possibility of on-line registration of ongoing changes and modifications to company information. The consultant should revise the existing system to enable the above mentioned options.
- Modernization of E-notary system and its integration with overall e-governance infrastructure of Armenia – the e-notary system is modernized to integrate the latter with existing e-gov systems for better data accuracy and efficient data exchange with relevant government bodies,
- Support digitization needs that will arise during the project implementation – establishment of electronic registers might require digitization of paper archives of about 1,5 mln A4 pages including manual data entry into the system,
- Review the legal framework - the legal framework supporting the project activities is reviewed to ensure smooth operation of e-governance systems after their deployment. Changes and amendments are reflected in a separate report containing gap analysis, reflecting all obstacles or discrepancies between the existing legislation and mode of operation of e-governance systems and proposing the solutions/drafts of legal changes and amendments ,
- Relevant operators passed training for e-gov systems specified in this ToR and are able to operate the system – The user groups that need training are identified and trained in use of developed applications.
- Ensured public awareness – All interlocutors, as well as the population of Armenia are informed about new e-governance tools through a public awareness campaign.
Software solutions delivered:
- Establishment of e-penitentiary system,
- Modernization of Business register of Legal Entities and its integration with overall e- governance infrastructure of Armenia,
- Modernization of E-notary system and its integration with overall e-governance infrastructure of Armenia,
- Development of software specifications for programming teams
- Development of software integration methodology and specifications
- Software development installation and testing
- User acceptance testing
- Business process analysis
- Management consulting
- Change management strategy development and implementation
- Development of online training curricula and methodology
- Development of user and administration manuals
- System stress testing
- Training of different user groups
- Software integration with other e-gov systems